The renovation of the Trayne Building includes this addition to the east side of the building, extending approximately 20 feet into Grant’s Block Park. The ground floor space is perfectly suited for a restaurant looking to serve day to night, with ample connection to outdoor seating and the adjacent park space. The unit has three bays of operable windows allowing the outside in. Basement storage available in the historic Trayne building adjacent.
The Trayne building is located at 270 Westminster Street and is best known locally as the building where the Movies on the Block screen was located. The building was constructed for Alice and Elizabeth Trayne and Anne Hale, as an investment property for the three women and their heirs. In 1953 the Old Colony-Newport National Bank moved into the building performing a large renovation which removed the original two-floors of the front facade.
The existing building and addition include 17 apartments on floors 2 through 5.